Friday, February 17, 2017

Side One: All the feels


Have you ever read a book and felt like someone cracked your chest open with a mallet and let all your feeling spill out? That's how I feel about the book I'm reading right now. It reminds me of every sad breakup, every college party, every road trip to freedom I ever took.

Tonight, I'll finish book #7 of 2017, Rob Sheffield's Love is a Mix Tape. I was scared to crack it open, after reading what it's about (a man tells the story of courtship, marriage and the sudden death of his wife through mix tapes.) I've devoured it since page one and I don't want it to end.

I'll write the full review this weekend, but I'll leave you with one quote that, for me, sums up the whole damn thing. If I made a mix tape about it, this quote would be the final track.


No comments:

Post a Comment