Sunday, March 14, 2021

God-level knowledge darts: Life lessons from The Bronx

 



I should have written about this book right after I read it, but I read it so quickly, life just passed me by.

I cackled at this book. I read passages out loud to my husband. He's reading it now and little does he know, I already read most of it to him.

I saw this on the shelf at my favorite local independent bookstore and it just felt right to me. Even though I DIDN'T KNOW WHO DESUS AND MERO WERE BEFORE I READ THIS! Given my reaction to their book and my obsessive listening of their podcast since, this was a gross oversight on my part. But, it's rectified now. We're all good.
 
Desus and Mero have been around for years. They're funny, smart, somewhat irreverent, but not crude for the sake of being crude. This book bounces back and forth between them (you can keep it straight by the different fonts for each voice.) It's their take on everything from raising kids to finding love to drugs to being a man.

I loved it. You could pick it up and put it down with weeks in between and not lose any sort of plot or continuity. But, like me, you may find yourself devouring it in one night.



No comments:

Post a Comment