Sunday, March 14, 2021

Want

 



This is not what it's about, but take a moment and appreciate this cover. The title, the colors... No question what made me want to read this book. And the plot drew me in, too. Three weeks later (as I try to catch up on these reviews), I can barely remember what it's about.

Our main character is one I'm seeing a lot more of now: a successful woman, married with kids, who is exhausted by life and desiring more. I realize this has been a trope for decades, but I'm reading more of these characters now. Could be my age, position in life, whatever. Either way, I may need a break because as soon as these novels start, I have a sense where they're going. They're just not as interesting to me anymore.

In this book, our main character is at this turning point in life and is desperately trying to connect with a childhood friend. It's that relationship that has defined her life - and that friend is dealing with a crisis of her own. Their reconnection helps define our protagonist's response to her own life and I honestly can't remember how it ends because it wasn't that interesting anymore by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment