Friday, August 6, 2021

Perfect Tunes

 


I had high hopes.

I read it in a single day on two flights.

I was disappointed.

Sometimes, it's that simple.

Emily Gould is a relatable writer who builds strong characters I can relate to. She started with a great premise: a single mom struggles what to reveal to her daughter about the girl's father, who was a musician with whom her mother had a brief relationship. He died and became something of a music legend.

It could have been a story about moms and daughters. It could have been a story about hereditary depression. It could have been a story about the way the world idolizes the dead. Instead, it tried to be all of those things and fell short.

Not much else to say. I didn't HATE it, but I didn't particularly like it either. At least I didn't spend a week before I figured that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment