Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Think Again

 

 

Know what you don't know. And don't be afraid to change your mind.

Those are qualities I value in others, but probably didn't prioritize in myself. Once again, Adam Grant upends the way we think - this time, about what we think - and, places value on being strong/brave/smart enough to change your mind.

I'm an Adam Grant fan and this book is one of those that I'm thinking about more and more, weeks after I finished it. It's all about challenging our own beliefs and assumptions to truly grow. 

Most of us take far too long to feel confident enough to say "I was wrong." This book puts added value on being able to do that, in everything from parenting to social justice. 

If you've never read Grant's writing, you'll enjoy seeing the way his brain works and how he uses examples and storytelling to back up his research. For me, I got more out of hearing Grant talk about this concept than I did from the book, but that's not to say it wasn't a valuable and important read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment