Sunday, July 11, 2021

Year Book


No matter what I say here about Seth Rogen's book of essays/memoir, do yourself a favor: don't read it.

Wait, I mean read it. But, don't READ it. Have Seth read you the audiobook version instead.

I'm not saying that because I didn't love actually reading this hilarious book. I just imagine it would be even better to hear him talk about his life in his words, along with that trademark laugh. So, even though I read it, I may listen to it now, too. 

I mean, imagine how much funnier it would be to hear Seth Rogen describe how Kanye randomly showed up at his house one day and asked if Seth could come out and play basketball? I picture, like, the random kid down the street who comes over and asks my 10-year old son to play.. then picture Kanye walking away when Seth couldn't come out and play that day. The whole Kanye story in this book is worth the price of the download, not to mention his story about Snoop writing a rap for a project they were working on when a group of muse/stripper ladies came in out of nowhere to inspire him.

I listened to Rogen on a few podcasts before reading this book and his performance there was the perfect foreshadowing for what this book would be: funny, endearing and really sweet. And, yeah, a lot of stories about drugs. 

I'm a fan of Seth Rogen's anyway, but reading this gives you such insight into how he became a boy-wonder Canadian comic and the friendships he's formed that have helped him throughout his career.

Go read it. With your ears. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment